Kampala has been ranked as one of the most beautiful cities in Africa, partly because of its green acreage. Keeping the city green and increasing the green acreage is a mandate of the Landscape Section. The Section manages the urban forest, 10 developed open spaces, 01 cemetery, 03 plant nurseries and vast acreage of undeveloped open spaces including road verges.
The team comprises Landscape Architects, Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Environmentalists.
- Urban Tree Management
- Beautification Projects
- Maintenance of green spaces
- Technical Guidance on landscaping and environmental issues
- Tree Management Applications
- Property Frontage/ Road Reserve Beautification
- Seek guidance and permission before cutting down any trees
- Public open spaces are free access and use to the public
- Chwa II Children’s Park (Near Mbuya Catholic Church) is open.
- Opened Nakawa Park (Near UAP Business Park in Kampala City).
- Developed partnerships to develop green space near you.
- Part of the Kampala Goes Green - Donate / Plant a tree campaign in the City.
- Kampala Urban Forest Management Programme.
- Kampala Goes Green Tree Planting project.
PHYSICAL PLANNING SECTIONS
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Surveys and Mapping / Cartography
PHYSICAL PLANNING RESOURCES
Building Cotrol Regulations 2020
The Building Control (Accessibilty Standards For Persons with Disabilities) Code, 2019
The National Buildings (Standards for Electrical Installations In Buildings) Code, 2019
The National Building (Standards for Mechanical Installations in Buildings) Code, 2019
Permit for excavations greater than 3m
Guidelines for placement of Kiosks and telecommunication infrastructure in the City.
BUILDING PLANS SUBMISSION CHECK LIST.
Mailo Subdivision Surveys Checklist
CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR PLAN SUBMITTED TO KCCA.
Download Certificate of good structural practice
Download Guidelines for Preparation of Traffic Impact Studies for Developments
Download Proposed Kampala physical development plan
KPDP Draft Final Report [ 40MB ]
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORMS
APPLICATION FORMS FOR DEVELOPMENT PERMISSION
APPLICATION FOR DEMOLITION PERMIT
APPLICATION FOR CHAIN LINK PERMIT
APPLICATION FOR EXCAVATION PERMIT
HOARDING AND SCAFFOLDING PERMIT
INSTALATION OF A TELECOMMUNICATION TOWER AND EQUIPMENT PERMIT
APPLICATION FOR SUBDIVISION/CONSOLIDATION OF LANDS AND BUILDINGS
STRATEGIC ENVIRONMENT ASSESSMENT
FEES FOR SERVICES OFFERED AT PHYSICAL PLANNING DIRECTORATE
LIST OF REGISTERED ENGINEERS WITH VALID PRACTICING LICENCES 2019
LIST OF REGISTERED ARCHITECTS WITH VALID PRACTICING LICENCES 2019