Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Section
A Geographic Information System (GIS) or Geospatial Information System is any system that captures, stores, analyses, manages, and presents data that are linked to location(s).
The GIS Section is mandated to develop a central spatial data resource serving City wide applications and customer service needs. It offers users multiple platforms to view and interact with spatial data. The Section has a steady database with useful information such as maps, which can be downloaded for free from our Data Catalogue or accessed freely by the public on request.
- Spatial data field mapping
- Capture, store, analyse, manage, retrieve and update geo spatial data
- Provide customised maps for clients.
- Map Applications
Quick Facts / Achievements
The KCCA GIS Database includes;
- Administrative layers; Greater Kampala Metropolitan area, Kampala City Boundary and Central Business District boundary.
- Cadastre Information by the Ministry of Lands Housing and Urban Development (MoLHUD)
- Elevation data to generate terrain models.
- Maps that include Utility maps, Hydrology layers, Land use maps, Water and Sanitation lines, Transport maps and Zoning maps that locate places of interest and public institutions.
- Satellite imagery for 2010 and 2014.
- KCCA Atlas
- City Address Model
PHYSICAL PLANNING SECTIONS
PHYSICAL PLANNING RESOURCES
KPDP Draft Final Report [ 40MB ]
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORMS