Notice of Expression of Interest for the procurement of consultancy services (Firms) to enhance arrears Management and Reporting Modules of the e-CITIE SystemPUBLISHED — 21st, April 2021
- Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) received funds from the Tax Revenue Expansion Program (TREP) to be used for the acquisition of the consultancy services described below.
- Kampala Capital City Authority now invites eligible firms to submit sealed expressions of interest for “the provision consultancy services to enhance arrears Management and Reporting Modules of the e-CITIE System for Kampala Capital City Authority. The overall objective of the assignment is to assist KCCA to design and develop an arrears management module and enhancement of the current reporting module in the e-Citie to meet the needs of all users and increase the efficiency and effectiveness in revenue administration. The provider shall enhance arrears management and reporting modules in the eCitie System by performing the following tasks; Study the e-Citie system design, and relevant revenue laws relating to arrears management, Design and develop arrears management module in eCitie including automation of handling of cases under the Remission Committee, Automate the arrears management process in KCCA. The consultant shall be expected to review the arrears management guideline as well and ensure that the process therein is automated. Enhance the dynamic reports module in the e-Citie system to facilitate data analytics and visualization. The Revenue Directorate, needs an Ad-hoc Reporting solution that shall empower the end-users to create their own reports without burdening or relying on the ICT department. The reports are put together creatively by users in real-time, rather than pre-designed according to a template.
- The short listing criteria experience and qualifications of the consultant, as well as capacity to provide the consultancy services. These shall include:
- Previous experience of 5 years in implementing Revenue Administration Systems in cities/ Local governments in Africa.
- At least two (2) similar assignments successfully completed in Cities/Local Governments with similar challenges
- A Valid certificate of registration issued by the Authority (PPDA) for Consultants currently registered with the Authority or a copy of the Consultant’s Valid Trading license (2021) or equivalent and a copy of the Consultant’s Certificate of Registration or equivalent for bidders not currently registered with the Authority;
- Evidence of fulfilment of obligations to pay taxes and social security contributions in Uganda
Availability of appropriate skills/expertise among the consultant’s staff including;
- Systems design and development
- Tax and revenue mobilization
- Process improvement
- Capacity building and training.
Individual experts’ bio-data is not required at this stage.
NB. The selection shall take into account reference letters, completion certificates/contract copies of clientele to support the claims of previous experience
- Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The type of association whether a joint venture or a sub-consultancy, where applicable, must be clearly indicated in the Expression of Interest.
- Interested eligible consultants (Firms) may obtain further information at the address given below from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm on working days excluding public holidays.
- The Expression of interest shall be submitted using the one-stage single envelope method.
- Sealed Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address below at or before
Time: 12:00 Noon (Kampala Local Time)
Date: Wednesday 5th May, 2021
Address: The Procurement and Disposal Unit
Kampala Capital City Authority
Plot 1 – 3 Sir Apollo Kaggwa Road
City Hall, Room B112
- The notice of expression of interest is available at KCCA’s website at www.kcca.go.ug; and at the PPDA website at www.ppda.go.ug;
- The planned Procurement schedule (Subject to changes) is as follows:
a. Publication of Notice of Expression of Interest
20th April, 2021
b. Closing date for receipt of Expression of Interest
Wednesday 5th May, 2021 @ 12:00 Noon
c. Evaluation of Expressions of Interest
From 5th May, 2021 to 26th May 2021
d. Notification to Consultants
17th June 2021
More Procurement Notices
- Renovation of City Hall fourth floor wing B
10th, May 2021
- Request for expression of interest (EOI) for procurement of consultancy services for the development of a digital mobility management platform for KCCA
6th, May 2021
- REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REoI)-Kampala Private Municipal Solid Waste Collection and Transport Services
6th, May 2021
- Notice of Expression of Interest for the procurement of Consultancy services (Firms) to Conduct a study on integrating systems of Hotel facilities in Kampala with the eCitie system
6th, May 2021
- Invitation to bid for Supply and installation of Solar Power Systems
21st, April 2021
- Request for expression of interest (EOI) for procurement of a provider to develop and operate an integrated on-street parking management solution for KCCA
21st, April 2021