Request for expression of interest (EOI) for provision of banking services to manage capital venture fundPUBLISHED — 13th, November 2020
Procurement Reference Number: KCCA/CONS/20-21/00183
- The Kampala Capital City Authority ("KCCA") is implementing the presidential initiative on wealth and job creation is a new presidential initiative on wealth and job creation that is centred on various enterprises/categories/Emiyooga covering majority of Ugandans. The goal of the program is to create and improve household incomes of 68% Ugandans in Subsistence agriculture.
The program is implemented through SACCOs formed at constituency level and the membership of the SACCOs are the associations formed at parish level.
While the program is implemented with the above modality in all other districts, Kampala and Wakiso could not adopt the same methodology because of its uniqueness in terms of population and diversity and numbers and high concentration spots of the target enterprises that exist in some parts.
In lieu of the above, Kampala and Wakiso will have two mechanisms; Emyooga and the capital venture fund through the commercial banks to ensure that the unique needs of the people that live and work in Kampala and especially affected by COVID 19 are reached.
- KCCA now wishes to invite interested and eligible commercial banks capable of managing the custody of, distribution to the beneficiaries in form of loans and eventual recovery of the said funds when due.
- Interested commercial Banks are invited to register their interest by submitting a written Expression of Interest ("EOI") including;
- A commercial bank registered in Uganda
- A bank with least one branch in each of the five divisions of KCCA
- Experience in operating a similar fund/loan
- The average non performing rate (NPR) per 30 days of not more than 5% for the last three years
- The core capital base of at least UGX. 100 Bn
- Audited accounts for the last three years
- Management account as of 30th June 2019
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the shortlist and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the PPDA 2003 Act Regulations. Interested firms may obtain further information and hard copies of the expression of interest document at the following address during office hours (09:00 to 1700hours) at the address below.
- Expression of interests in sealed envelopes clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE PROVISION OF BANKING SERVICES TO MANAGE CAPITAL VENTURE FUND” must be delivered to the address stated below at or before 11:00am on 26th November 2020
The Head Procurement & Disposal Unit
Kampala Capital City Authority Headquarter
Plot 1 – 3 Sir Apollo Kaggwa Road
P.O. Box 7010
City Hall, First floor- Room B114
- The planned procurement schedule (subject to changes) is as follows:
a. Publish of Expression of interest
Friday 13th November, 2020
b. Closing date for submission of expression of interest document
Thursday 26th November, 2020 at 11:00am
c. Evaluation process
27th Nov- 4th December , 2020
d. Display and communication of shortlist
10th December, 2020
More Procurement Notices
- Addendum 1: The Kampala City Roads Rehabilitation Roads Project
13th, January 2021
- Standard Invitation to Bidders for Kololo SS Works and Additional Public Toilets
8th, January 2021
- Framework Contracts for different supplies, works and services for a period of 18 months
30th, December 2020
- Notice of successful expressions of interest
22nd, December 2020
- Framework Contract for the Supply of Yellow Fever Vaccines
10th, December 2020
- Invitation to bid for the Construction of Three Public toilets in Kampala under the CWIS-BMGF Project
10th, December 2020