REORGANISATION OF TRAFFIC FLOW WITHIN THE CBDPUBLISHED — 19th, October 2019
OCTOBER 18TH, 2019
RE-ORGANISATION OF TRAFFIC FLOW WITHIN THE CBD DUE TO ONGOING WORKS UNDER THE KAMPALA FLYOVER PROJECT
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) and Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) are currently implementing the Kampala Flyover Project and the reconstruction of Namirembe-Luwum Street in the Central Business District (CBD) of Kampala City. These two projects shall greatly impact and change the directional flow of traffic within the CBD during and after the construction period.
KCCA is working in consultation with all stakeholders in the public transport industry including the Ministry of Works and Transport, the Business Community and Kampala City Traders Association (KACITA); Taxi Leadership (KOTSA & UTRADA) and Security Agencies represented by Uganda Police and Internal Security Organization (ISO) on the envisaged traffic flow changes in the City.
As a result of ongoing Construction works for the Kampala Flyover Project and the Non-Motorized Transport Corridor, the following changes in Traffic flow shall take effect from 25th October 2019.
Changes in Traffic Flow Movements
- Traffic flow along Ben Kiwanuka Street shall be one way towards Kyaggwe Road. All on-street parking shall be suspended along Ben Kiwanuka Street.
- The section of Burton street between Ben Kiwanuka Street and William Street shall be two-way. All on-street parking shall be suspended along Burton Street to allow smooth traffic flow.
- Buxton Road shall be one way towards Sikh Road for Vehicles exiting the city.
- Sikh Road shall have two sections. The Sikh Road section between Buxton Road and Shoprite Junction, shall be one way towards Shoprite junction. The other Sikh Road Section between Buxton Road and Market Street, shall be one way towards Market Street.
- The section of Sebaana Kizito Road (Nakivubo Place Road) between Namirembe Road and Nakivubo Mews shall be two-way.
Changes in Public Transport Stages within Old Taxi Park
As a result of the above changes in traffic flow and planned closure of the entry/exit point off Luwum street to the Old Taxi park, the reorganization of stages within the Old Taxi Park shall be as follows:
- All Taxis plying Entebbe road shall be moved from Old Taxi Park to Usafi Park. The following stages shall be relocated to Usafi Park:
- Entebbe stage
- Kajjansi Stage
- Zana- Namasuba stage
- Kasenyi stage
- Ndeeba- Sembuule stage
- Kibuye Queens way stage
- Ndejje Stage
Vehicles currently operating on the streets around the park will be moved to operate inside the park.
- The following stages that have been operating along streets around Shoprite, Shell and Gapco fuel stations but ply Ggaba road shall move to the Old taxi Park to replace those that have been relocated to Usafi Park:
- Kansanga Stage
- Ggaba Stage
- Muyenga Stage
- Buziga stage
- Makindye Nabisalu Stage via Nsambya
- Salaama Nabisalu stage via Nsambya
This reorganization and traffic flow changes are intended to improve flow of traffic during construction of the Flyover Project at clock tower.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800990000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @KCCAUG across Social Media for any information need.
News & Announcements
5th, November 2019
19th, October 2019
3rd, September 2019
25th, July 2019
15th, July 2019
25th, June 2019
12th, June 2019
31st, May 2019
28th, May 2019
22nd, May 2019