Request for expression of interest (EOI) for procurement of consultancy services for the development of a digital mobility management platform for KCCAPUBLISHED — 6th, May 2021
Procurement Reference Number: KCCA/CONS/20-21/00666
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) is the governing body of Kampala Capital City and administers the City on behalf of the central government as established under the KCC Act (2010). The vision of KCCA is to transform Kampala into a vibrant, attractive and sustainable city, while the mission is to deliver quality services to the city.
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) is mandated to set service delivery standards, monitor the delivery of services within its area of jurisdiction and to assist in the maintenance of law, order and security in accordance with Section 7 of the KCC Act, 2010. Furthermore, the Third Schedule, Part A section 33 of the act mandates KCCA to organize and manage traffic in the city.
Whereas the Authority’s vision is to be a vibrant, attractive and sustainable city, the biggest challenge faced is in the area of mobility and transport. Given that road transport is the major form of transport in the City, coupled with the ever-increasing urban development and economic activity in the City, traffic congestion has become a nightmare and major hindrance to navigation and doing business in the City
The mobility challenges have attracted several private sector companies to provide solutions among which is the digitization of mobility services. KCCA has received several presentations from digital companies proposing solutions to the current mobility challenges. In light of the presentations, KCCA in consultation with other key government agencies has come up with a roadmap that will facilitate the operation of digital companies as well as streamlining public transport.
KCCA recognizes the efforts of the private sector in the mobility digital space of ride-hailing, ride-sharing, digital payment methods, smart card system, digital route mapping, among others, because the applications have come with benefits such reducing carbon emissions, strengthening public transit and making the city safer and more accessible.
Whereas the roadmap entails a validation exercise for digital companies it is the Authority’s desire to achieve a harmonized, centralized digital mobility space in the city.
The purpose of the Digital Mobility Management solution is therefore to provide an adequately designed system that will enable KCCA achieve her objective of a smart city of using digital tools to deliver services to the citizens. The specific objectives of the platform include;
- Provide the ability to collect revenue from all commercial road users.
- Provide an electronic registration interface for all commercial road users including taxicabs, vans, coaches, buses, motorcycles and goods vehicle.
- Enable registration of all digital mobility service providers operating within the city including registration of the subscribers to the various solutions.
- Provide a one stop center that integrates all digital transport solutions for citizens of Kampala to get access to efficient safe and quick public transport.
- Monitor and track the operations of the digital mobility services providers including their routes and stages.
- Define a revenue collection/ sharing model between the service providers and the authority.
- Integrate with E-Citie system for purposes of issuing a COIN to the city operators in the transport sector.
- Provide a dashboard for KCCA to enable full visibility of the digital transport space in the city.
- Provide a capability for incident management.
- Integrate with other Government systems such as Security and Ministry of works.
- KCCA now wishes to invite interested and eligible private firms to express their interest for the development of a digital mobility management platform for Kampala Capital City Authority.
- Interested Firms are invited to register their interest by submitting a written Expression of Interest ("EOI") including;
- A brief profile of the company/consortium indicating; permanent address, email, telephone contact, website, and reference letters, completion certificates/ contract copies and contact information of at least one (1) clientele to support claims of previous experience of a ride hailing platform developed and a Smart Card and Validator System that is functional, with sample submitted for evaluation and to be returned to bidder after evaluation. Ride hailing platform should be availed on the hosting website or Native stores for downloading.
- The bidder shall have experience in digital transit route development with proof of a developed route maps and digital announcing of transit system
- Legal documents including, a certificate of registration issued by the Authority for bidders currently registered with the Authority or a copy of the bidder’s valid trading license for 2021 or equivalent and a copy of the bidder’s certificate of registration or equivalent for bidders not currently registered with the Authority;, Valid Tax Clearance Certificate for 2020, NITA-U Certificate, PPDA and Registered Powers of Attorney.
- The bidder shall provide copies of Audited Books of Accounts for the last two (2) years (and contact information of the Auditors)
- If foreign, the bidder shall associate with a local Ugandan Company as an implementing partner for capacity building and reliable support as an implementing partner
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the shortlist and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the PPDA 2003 Act Regulations. Interested firms may obtain further information and hard copies of the expression of interest document at the following address during office hours (09:00 to 1700hours) at the address below.
- Expression of interests in sealed envelopes clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONALIZATION OF A DIGITAL MOBILITY AS A SERVICE MANAGEMENT PLATFORM FOR KAMPALA CAPITAL CITY AUTHORITY.” must be delivered to the address stated below at or before 11:00am on 26th May 2021.
The Head Procurement & Disposal Unit
Kampala Capital City Authority Headquarter
Plot 1 – 3 Sir Apollo Kaggwa Road
P.O. Box 7010
City Hall, First floor- Room B114
- The planned procurement schedule (subject to changes) is as follows:
Publication of Notice of Expression of Interest
Thursday 6th May, 2021
Closing date for receipt of Expression of Interest
Wednesday 26th May, 2021 @ 11:00 Noon
Evaluation of Expressions of Interest
From 26th May, 2021 to 10th June 2021
Notification to Consultants
18th June 2021
More Procurement Notices
- PUBLIC NOTICE
21st, October 2021
- Addendum No. 1 to the Bidding Documents for Kampala City Roads Rehabilitation Roads Project (KCRRP)
22nd, September 2021
- Completion of Kawempe Division Offices
18th, August 2021
- Enterprise Storage with VMware for the implementation of the programme on Integrated Local Finances for Sustainable Development (PIFUD) in the GKMA
5th, August 2021
- Notice of Expression of Interest for the Procurement of four Ecitie individual consultants to carry on the work of ecitie system support for 3 months
5th, August 2021
- Provision of cleaning services for KCCA–City Hall
2nd, August 2021