Innovations Competition 2018
Are you young, innovative and passionate about creating workable solutions? We need you!
KCCA would like to promote, recognize and support Ugandan talent with the Technology Innovations Competition that is aimed at stimulating the Kampala youth to participate in developing innovative solutions that will contribute to improving service delivery.
- To recognize Ugandan talent and promote the campaign of “Buy Uganda Build Uganda.”
- To address the unemployment challenge by encouraging growth of entrepreneurship skills.
- Enhance Citizen Collaboration by presenting challenges before citizens who while are facing these challenges may have the best solutions to them or can help in reviewing of ideas submitted.
We are excited that you joined our Technology Innovations competition and we invite you to create a compelling innovative solution based on the theme “citizen reporting” and you could be the winner of any of these cash prizes;
- 1st cash prize is UGX 10m
- 2nd cash prize is UGX 6.65m
- 3rd cash prize is UGX 3.35m
An expert panel will judge all submissions and will select up-to 10 solutions as finalists. The panel will evaluate solutions based on the following criteria:
- Precise and articulate relevant reference to the theme.
- Creativity and originality which are of the essence.
- Workability of the solution to Kampala.
Terms and Conditions
- Each participant/ group will be considered for only one solution in this competition.
- For a group entry, the participants are limited to six members only.
- Applications will be vetted on their relevance to the theme. Therefore participants are encouraged to structure their ideas to providing a solution as per the theme indicated.
- Upon submission of an application, KCCA will issue the participant or group with a reference number to track the application.
- Candidates that are shortlisted for the next stage in the competition will be required to produce prototypes within the specified timelines.
- The best three innovations will be selected by KCCA and the owners will be awarded with cash prizes as indicated above.
- KCCA reserves the right to fully develop and use the innovations for which cash prizes have been given to the owners.
- The solution must not contain any material that violates, or infringes on, another’s rights, including, but not limited to privacy, publicity, and intellectual property.
Deadline for submission of the solutions is 20th July, 2018
KCCA will announce the winners on the Authority’s official Social Media sites including Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (@KCCAUG).
The winners will also be notified via e-mail and a phone call after the selection process. They will then be invited to the KCCA Headquarters for the award event.
The winners will also have an exposure opportunity through KCCA’s Official media outlets and the Kampala City Festival.
Still have questions?
Please write to; firstname.lastname@example.org or call Toll free: 0800990000, for any questions regarding the competition.